Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Color of the Year

Pantone 17-1463 Tangerine Tango

If you have not already heard, maybe you have noticed the deluge of orange popping up in home and fashion design. My understanding is they make this decision based on whatever new color seems to be already trending, then they put a marketing machine behind it and voila! Coral has come in and out of style for decades, but now this vibrant hue is everywhere.

Orange is undeniably a "happy color", but I have never been drawn to it (with exception to an Hermès box). Originally skeptical about this choice, I have warmed up to it. It's also possible that I have just become desensitized. It is literally everywhere.

While looking for photos to share with you, I came across one of my friend
Christan Leone's living room from Lonny Magazine.
I apreciate that he did not add accent pieces with the exact color match to try to "pull it together". The orange has become a neutral ground for his eclectic collection of accessories.

Tangerine Tango looks great as an accent in a neutral setting,
or paired up with other bold colors.
























 The color has taken hold of the fashion world as well, with its fiery hue captivating even the most iconic designers at Alexander McQueen and Christian Louboutin.
 


Men are not left out either.

 With its versatility, cheerful attitude, and singsong moniker,
Tangerine Tango is sure to stick around for a while!

1 comment:

  1. It's exactly the same for me. Didn't like it at first but now I'm able to see the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete